Lead Installation Engineer
(Location - London, UK)
This position requires you to work in a site conditions and supervise the works and activities required to successfully install any Focus21 audio visual projects. This position will require all site based skills which will include installation activities, inspections, supervision, Health & Safety monitoring and daily interfacing with other trade contractors and 3rd Parties.
It is a hands-on position which requires the employee to install wiring and cable terminations, installation of AV equipment, coordination, snagging, testing and assist in the commissioning and programming of systems. The Installation supervisor works under the direction of a Project Manager, Installation manager and Project Director to ensure that the contracted scope of work conform to defined quality standards.
- Work as a hands-on site installer and supervisor. This will involve site wiring, termination, install , monitor, test, record , commission and document custom system installations.
- Ensure that projects are completed in a timely, efficient manner to our internal standards and the clients’ satisfaction and in compliance with all contract specifications.
- Help lead and supervisor on-site staff and subcontract installation labour teams.
- Provide reports and project updates on all site based activities on a daily basis.
- Work with the Project Manager, Installation Manager Commissioning Engineers, and/or Programmers to effectively and accurately complete all phases of the installation per a defined schedule.
- To plan and efficient schedule all site base works and activities. To ensure you measure and report on all resource requirement required for all tasks.
- Significant travel to the city, UK and Europe and extended out of town stays are required in this position.
- Perform project site paperwork such as daily time logs, timesheets, site check lists, snagging forms, sign off sheets, tool box talks, H&S register, change order forms, delivery forms are managed and updated on adaily .
- Proactively promote and coordinate the Audio visual element of all our works and activities within the site environment.
- Ensure your works and site husbandry meetsthe expectation and standards required of you on a daily basis
- Perform other activities and responsibilities as directed by your immediate manager.
- Ensure changes to schematic and drawings are updated and issued to the Focus21 design team in an effective and timely manner.
- Able to read A/V/C technical specifications and system drawings and schematics.
- Deliver Focus21’s exceptional standards within difficult and high pressure site environments.
- Able to interface well with clients, co-workers, trade contractors and to supervise sub-contractor teams.
- Strong troubleshooting and fault finding skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organisational skills.
- Proficient with computers using standard office programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Have cutting edge technical skills to keep up with technology and equipment.
- Able to understand specifications, drawings and consultant led design and turn it into a working system
- Take control and responsibility for all your personal and team actions on site
- Ability to lead and motivate a team on your site.
- Experience in professional hands-on installation experience in the audio visual industry.
- Hands-on fabrication experience
- Experience with and knowledge of current products and trends in audio, video, control, or a related industry.
- CTS and CSCS qualified
- PASMA Qualified
To apply, please email your CV to Recruitment@focus21.co.uk