Perform Audio, Video and Control installation functions and/or system interconnect wiring as required to support the delivery of custom A/V systems. This position performs pre-installation site inspections and frequently interfaces with other trade contractors. It is a hands-on position which requires the employee to install audio and video equipment, complete wiring and cable terminations, and assist in the commissioning and programming of systems. The Installation Engineer works under the direction of a Project Supervisor & Manager to ensure that the contracted scopes of work conform to defined quality standards.
- Work as a hands-on site installer - wire, test, commission, and document custom system installations.
- Ensure that projects/ tasks are completed in a safe, timely, efficient manner to the client’s satisfaction with due regard to environmental impacts.
- Help the supervisor motivate and manage on-site staff and subcontract installation labour teams.
- Work with the Project Manager, Commissioning Engineers, and/or Programmers to effectively and accurately complete all phases of the installation as per a defined schedule.
- Significant travel and extended out of town stays are required in this position.
- Perform project paperwork such as daily and weekly timesheets, Mileage forms and credit card statements. Ensure that site paperwork such as sign off sheets, tool box talks, change order forms are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Perform other activities and responsibilities as directed by the immediate manager.
- Ensure changes to schematic and drawings are updated and issued to the Focus21 design team in an effective and timely manner
- So far as reasonably practicable, protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of any project information assets.
- Join the Projects rota where you could work over and above your contractual hours.
- Able to read AV technical specifications and system drawings.
- Able to install and wire systems to Focus 21’s high standards.
- Able to interface well with clients and co-workers and to supervise sub-contractor teams.
- Strong troubleshooting and fault finding skills.
- Detail oriented and strong organisational skills.
- Proficient with computers and standard office programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Hands-on installation experience in the audio visual industry.
- Hands-on fabrication experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of current products and trends in audio, video, control, or a related industry.
- ICIA CTS certification preferred (or within 18 months of employment)
- JIB/CSCS qualified
- PASMA qualified
- The job may also entail driving, working at height and manual handling
To apply, please email your CV to Recruitment@focus21.co.uk