Field Service Engineer
We have a number of Audio Visual Field Service Engineer vacancies available. Based at our offices in Deepcut, Surrey you will work on site at our clients’ premises mainly in London but travel throughout the UK and Northern Europe would be required. The company is committed to its staffs’ professional development and offers a continual training and certification support with InfoComm, CAI and other services.
The individual should possess the following qualities:
• Absolute attention to detail
• Maturity, especially when under pressure
• Excellent organisational skills
• Have the ability/initiative to work on your own
• At least 3 years experience working within a similar position in the Industry with an AV service/support background
• Technical proficiency – general AV, VC, IPTV and IT/IP
• Confident and professional when dealing with clients
• PC proficiency
• ICIA & CTS qualified
• To work to tight deadlines and under pressure (and/or within the presence of the customer directly)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent in English
Duties and Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Fault finding and diagnostics of a large range of commercial AV equipment
• Understanding of digital and analogue signals e.g. HDMI, DVI Component, EDID and HDCP
• Understanding of SMATV Satellite systems and IPTV networks
• All applicants should have a good understanding and ideally have some experience in basic programming of AMX and Crestron Control systems
• An understanding IP network Protocols
• Experience and the ability to make configuration changes to DSP systems such as Clearone and Polycom
• InfoComm CTS certification is required (or be able to provide examples of other AV specific training)
• The ideal candidate should have a naturally organised and methodical approach to their work, along with excellent communication skills (both written and verbally), and have a friendly and approachable nature.
Required skills & expertise:
• Smart Technologies
• Audio (sound desks, microphones, process, amps and wireless)
• Video (Screens, projection, scalers, faders, and players)
• IT (general)
• CTS accreditation
Working the core hours of 08:30 to 17:30 (Shift work and some weekend work may be required)
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a valid UK permit (no sponsorship offered), full and clean UK driving license, up to date passport and be willing/able to travel both within the UK and overseas when required. Applicants must be fluent in English.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly competitive, friendly and progressive company which offers great opportunities to build a career and progress.
A company vehicle will be provided.