Reporting to the Audio Visual Service Delivery Manager
The role of Event Lead will be the interface between the client, end users and the auditorium ensuring the delivery of the best technical presentation solution. Technical expertise along with excellent organisational skills, are required to handle the diversity of event productions. The role will encompass many aspects of customer care, and technical administration.
The position involves a high degree of exposure, working alongside Partners within the business and Managing Partners of clients to provide the services listed below.
A key part of the role is realising the potential of the technical upgrade and successfully communicating these benefits back into the business.
The client is a global law firm based in London. With 29 offices in 20 countries they have over 5,200 employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Event Lead’s responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Direct & manage all onsite events within the auditorium.
- Provide white glove service managing technical logistics for large complex events and special events
- Conduct planning meetings with client & event organisers to ensure the correct technology is being used ensuring the event formats are fully understood and subsequently leading to successful results
- Work with approved and external vendors including webcasters
- Setup, testing, operation, and break down of auditorium audio visual equipment; (e.g. video data projection systems, audio and video conference equipment, microphones, video cameras, audio systems, and operation of integrated auditorium AV systems)
- Daily checks / ad hoc testing across event spaces in the auditorium
- Training and coaching team members in the new technology within the auditorium
- Provide support on an individual basis to auditorium users at all levels of seniority on audio visual equipment, connectivity and applications where appropriate
- Have a strong understanding of conferencing technology around video, bridging, audio, web casting, streaming, video switchers including all forms of digital desk and recording
Technical professional expertise in AV equipment, sound reinforcement, projection, lighting, web streaming, video conferencing, maintenance & repairs.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of:
- Crestron Control Panels, Digital Media and Fusion.
- Dante digital audio network consisting of Shure Microflex, QSC DSP, AKG and Yamaha products.
- Absen P1.6 LED Videowall
- Black Magic video conversion
- Cisco VC System (SX80 Codec)
- Microsoft Lync communications software
- MasterCue V6
- Panasonic PTZ Cameras with Camera Control
- Cabletime IPTV System
- Barco S3 Videowall Processor
- Tricaster Digital Video Mixing
- Good working knowledge Microsoft Office package, especially PowerPoint (creating timings, transitions, embedding video and audio etc.)
- Experience and background ideally within a Hotel, Theatre, Conference Centre or venue environment is required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on customer interaction
- Ability to multitask and work to strict deadlines
- An excellent communicator who enjoys meeting potential clients and negotiating with them in an enthusiastic and motivated manner.
- Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously.
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends.
- A high technical aptitude
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent technical problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills with good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work independently and with teams
The working week is 37.5 hrs. Flexible hours may be required to provide cover. Working hours are subject to change to meet client business requirements.
Occasional out of hours work and/or holiday work will be required. Overtime can be claimed by prior arrangement with the AV Service Delivery Manager.
Smart office attire which will be provided by the client.
Holiday & Sickness
Holiday and sickness entitlement is in accordance with the employee Terms and Conditions.
To apply, please email your CV to Recruitment@Focus21.co.uk